Ten Reasons Employees Are Hurt At Work...Something To Think About
1) Self Reliance: An individual belief that ..."I Can Do It Myself and My Way".
2) Habit: The work process has become routine: "I Have Always Done It This Way".
3) Complacency: The work processes are familiar, there is a failure to recognize changes:
"I Didn't Know ....."
4) Short Cuts: A belief culminating from reasons One through Three, there is a faster easier way based upon Risk vs. Consequences. Failure to assess hazards, behaviors and
5) Lack of Training: At the time of Orientation, Job or Position Change, Structure or
6) Management Directives: Direct or Assumed Contradiction of policies, procedures or
instructions by organizational leadership.
7) Lack of Communication: Failure to provide or understand essential information and
8) Lack of Proper Equipment: Failure to provide, obtain, or utilize proper and essential
equipment properly and routinely.
9) Using Defective Equipment: Failure to maintain or replace equipment. Failure to Audit.
10) Fatigue, Drugs, Alcohol